Mime Project

For the next part of our first university project we had to animate a mimed seen with a basic armature frame.
I reused an armature which I bought in first year so  all I had to make were hands, hard chest piece to help with animation and a head. 

To make the hands I just used a basic technique as we were getting marked on animation and not puppet build. To make the hand i first twisted some strands of wire to make basic hand shape 

I then added some brass tubing to wrist and glued it on with some epoxy resin so as I could attach it to my armature

Then using flesh coloured funky foam I traced around my wire hand

I cut out the funky foam and sandwiched the wire hand in between the two halfs

Lastly I cleaned up the hand with small nail scissors and repeated process for the other hand

To make the body and inner core of the head I used balsa wood. I glued strips of balsa together with gorilla glue and once dry I sanded it into the desired shape

I made the head out of sculpy with a balsa wood core. I used two beads for the eyes and made the hair, eye brows and mustache out of plasticine. It was a really basic head and didn't need to consider much such as mouths as it was mime and no lip sync was involved.

here is some picture of the final puppet.

This is a video of my Final Animated Mime Sequence

If this does not work here is the link to it on my youtube page

No comments:

Post a Comment