Sunday

Head Sculpt

To begin my first stage of the head sculpt for my character I used super sculpey firm. I chose this as it is nice to sculpt with and holds detail well and also bakes hard which is good for when I want to make a cast of the head later

I first began by making basic head bulk out of tin foil which gives sculpey something to attach to


I added beads for eyes and marked out areas of the face


I used my plans and pictures to keep size and proportions correct


I made adjustments such as bigger beads for eyes as I went along


I created basic shape for features and hair



Once I had all the correct  sizes and proportions of the head and all its features I added the final details


Here is the final head sculpt. the next stage is to bake it and then make a silicone mould to cast the final puppet head from




No comments:

Post a Comment